Pregnancy brings a lot of changes to your life — and your body.
The following are a few tips to help you through these changes:
- Visit your OB/GYN right away and continue to see your doctor regularly. Make sure you make it to all of your appointments and follow your doctor’s instructions for your pregnancy. (If you do not have an OB/GYN we would love to give you a referral during your visits with us.)
- Take your pre-natal vitamins daily. (Each of our clients receives free pre-natal vitamins during their first visit, and then throughout their pregnancy as needed.)
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid smoking, second hand smoke, alcohol, and drug use. Each of these can cause serious birth defects or even miscarriage.
- Eat healthy foods every day. Try to avoid fast food, junk food, and foods with high acidity or salt.
- Avoid eating lunch meat while pregnant as it may contain listeria. Listeria may cause stillbirth, premature birth, birth defects or a miscarriage.
- See your dentist. A healthy mouth will help you have a healthy baby.
- Do not diet during your pregnancy.
- Stay active.
- Get enough rest.
- Plan ahead for your delivery and the arrival of your baby.
ETR Associates. Prenatal Care. ETR Associates. Reviewed 2013. Revised 2006. Brochure.